About ISO 45001: 2018
Every day, thousands of lives are lost due to work accidents or fatal diseases linked to work activities. These are deaths that could and should have been prevented, and must be in the future. ISO 45001 aims to help organizations get these done. An employee, a manager or a business owner, share a common goal – don’t want anyone to get hurt on the job. Improved productivity stems from ensuring people operate in workplaces that provide transparency and build trust throughout their operation and supply chain. In addition, responsible practices are becoming increasingly important to brands and reputations.
ISO 45001 is the new ISO standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S). It has become one of the most eagerly awaited standards in the world, and is set to drastically improve levels of workplace safety.
Given that ISO 45001 will become part of the business norm, regardless of whether organizations choose to adopt it or not, it’s important for companies to stay abreast of the latest developments.
Differences between OHSAS 18001 & ISO 45001?
There are many differences, but the main change is that ISO 45001 concentrates on the interaction between an organization and its business environment while OHSAS 18001 was focused on managing OH&S hazards and other internal issues. But the standards also diverge in many other ways:
- ISO 45001 is process-based – OHSAS 18001 is procedure-based
- ISO 45001 is dynamic in all clauses – OHSAS 18001 is not
- ISO 45001 considers both risk and opportunities.– OHSAS-18001 deals exclusively with risk
- ISO 45001 includes the views of interested parties-OHSAS-18001 does not. These points represent a significant shift in the way health and safety management is perceived. OH&S is no longer treated as a “stand alone”, but must be viewed within the perspective of running a sound and sustainable organization. That being said, although the two standards differ in their approach, a management system established in accordance with OHSAS – 18001 will be a solid platform for migrating to ISO – 45001.
Benefits of ISO 45001
- Positions your business as industry leaders
- Increases trust
- Consistency means efficiency
- Lowers insurance premiums
- Improves individual safety as well as organizational
- Improves managerial oversight
- Preventative risk and hazard assessment
- Increases return on investment (ROI)
- Deals with risk and opportunities
ISO 45001 Gap analysis
We conduct a 360 degree appraisal of current systems and operations of your organization to identify gaps in current management system versus requirement of the particular ISO standard. On the basis of gap analysis, implementation plan is prepared.
We provide one of the most complete suite of training for various ISO standards covering awareness training, documentation training, implementation training, and internal auditor training
ISO 45001 Documentation
An OHS System requires a documentation system to collect, analyze, register, and retrieve information
An OHS Documentation System should:
- Describe core elements of OHS
- Provide directions to related documents
- Support employee awareness
- Facilitate evaluation of the system and environmental performance
Documents offer guidance or explain actions to be carried out. Documents are materials that provide management directions. Policy, internal standards and operating procedures, Process information, Organization charts and Emergency plans Records are a special kind of document which provide verification of things that have happened. Environmental records include training records, audit results, reviews, monitoring records, waste disposal records, etc. Records must be maintained to demonstrate conformance to OHS requirements. Some of the documents and records that may be associated with ISO 45001
- OHS Policy
- OHS objectives and targets
- Roles, responsibilities, and authority for OHS
- Communications from external interested parties
- Procedures essential for operational control
- Monitoring and measurement of key operations that have potential significant impacts
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Management review
- Quality Policy & Objectives
- Organization chart
- Roles, Responsibilities and authorities
- Defining Measure of performance for all processes
- Apex Manual and procedures as required by standard and organization
- Assist in establishing SOPs / Work Instructions / flow charts and records
- Control of documents
- Control of records
- Management review
- Competence, awareness, and training
- Contingency plans.
- Work environment
- Customer-related processes
- Multidisciplinary approach.
- Product approval process
- Supplier quality management system development.
- Control plan
- Control of monitoring and measuring devices
- Measurement systems analysis
- Monitoring and measurement of manufacturing processes.
- Continual improvement of the organization
- Corrective action
- Preventive action
We assist organization to establish the systems in line with the standards requirements and organizational requirements. We establish the following as a minimum:
We assist in effective implementation of these documents to ensure that an effective and fully compliant management system is implemented in organization. This involves one to one coaching, mentoring or a group training. During the process of implementation, required systems will be amended to ensure that the systems are practicable and approachable for all personnel.
Conducting Internal Audit
We ensure that internal audit is conducted by your team under our supervision for the first time or else we can conduct the internal audit for your organization. We make sure that the internal audit process becomes value adding activity and not just routine process.
Assistance in External Body Audit
Our expert Consultants will provide you input and on site assistance if required to create the required level of comfort and confidence for your organization by being on site with you and your team at the time of audit. We make sure that the stage 1 and stage 2 audit processes get completed easily and smoothly. If required we provide post audit assistance to complete the audit formalities and ensure that you receive the Certificate in time. Our Consultants provide unique, effective, easy to understand, easy to implement and quick implementation solutions so that the Certification process does not become a resource drain but rather resource enhancer.
Get started to work with Reva Phoenix:
If you’re ready to take the next steps to ensure your Business Excellence initiatives are adhering to the industry standards that protect both you and your customers, we are here to help.
To receive a quote, complete the Online Request for Quotation or mail us at email@example.com or call us at +91 99405 64261. Get all of your questions answered, choose the package that works best for you, and then you’re ready to go!