About AS 9100
AS 9100 specifies requirements for establishing and maintaining a quality management system (QMS). AS 9000 D includes the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 plus additional requirements for the aviation, space, and defense industries.
Instead of specifying the requirements of the final product, AS 9100 focuses further “upstream” on the processes or how you produce. AS 9100 requires documented systems for controlling the processes, that is used to develop and produce the products.
The key changes from revision C to revision D are the following:
- Product Safety was added in a new clause and in other areas
- Counterfeit Parts Prevention was added in a new clause and in other areas (this was already in place in the AS9110 and AS9120 standards)
- Risk clause was merged with the new ISO 9001 risk requirements along with an increased emphasis on risks in operational processes
- Awareness clause was added with reinforced requirements for awareness of individual contribution to product and service quality and safety along with ethical behavior
- Human Factors are included as a consideration in nonconformity management and corrective action
- Configuration Management was clarified and improved to address stakeholder needs
Benefits of AS 9100
- Assures customers that the company has the ability to produce, and continually improve, safe, reliable products on time.
- Provides for consistent application of requirements throughout the supply chain.
- Provides for active industry participation and control.
- Provides for data sharing which helps benchmarks in the industry in terms of Quality System compliance.
- Original Equipment Manufacturers’ (OEMs) are not absolving themselves of any responsibilities with respect to the supply chain / products.
AS 9100 Gap analysis
360 degree appraisal of current systems and operations of your organization to identify gaps in current management system versus requirement of the particular standard. On the basis of gap analysis, implementation plan is prepared.
AS 9100 Training
We provide one of the most complete suite of training for various Standards covering awareness training, documentation training, implementation training, and internal auditor training.
- Awareness Training
- Detailed training (as required by the organization)
- Internal auditors training
- Core tools training will be provided as required by the customers
AS 9100 System Establishment
We assist organization to establish the systems in line with the standards requirements and organizational requirements. We establish the following as a minimum:
- Quality Policy & Objectives
- Organization chart
- Roles, Responsibilities and authorities
- Defining Measure of performance for all processes
- Apex Manual and procedures as required by standard and organization
- Assist in establishing SOPs / Work Instructions / flow charts and records
- Control of documents
- Control of records
- Management review
- Competence, awareness, and training
- Contingency plans.
- Work environment
- Customer-related processes
- Multidisciplinary approach.
- Product approval process
- Supplier quality management system development.
- Control plan
- Control of monitoring and measuring devices
- Measurement systems analysis
- Monitoring and measurement of manufacturing processes.
- Continual improvement of the organization
- Corrective action
- Preventive action
We assist in effective implementation of these documents to ensure that an effective and fully compliant management system is implemented in organization. This involves one to one coaching / mentoring or a group training. During the process of implementation, required systems will be amended to ensure that the systems are practicable and approachable for all personnel.
Conducting internal audit
We ensure that internal audit is conducted by your team under our supervision for the first time or else we can conduct the internal audit for your organization. We make sure that the internal audit process becomes value adding activity and not just routine process.
Assistance in External Body Audit
Our expert Consultants will provide you input and on site assistance if required to create the required level of comfort and confidence for your organization by being on site with you and your team at the time of audit. We make sure that the stage 1 and stage 2 audit processes get completed easily and smoothly. If required we provide post audit assistance to complete the audit formalities and ensure that you receive the Certificate in time. Our Consultants provide unique, effective, and easy to understand, easy to implement and quick implementation solutions so that the Certification process does not become a resource drain but rather resource enhancer.
Get started to work with Reva Phoenix:
If you’re ready to take the next steps to ensure your Business Excellence initiatives are adhering to the industry standards that protect both you and your customers, we are here to help.
To receive a quote, complete the Online Request for Quotation or mail us at email@example.com or call us at +91 99405 64261. Get all of your questions answered, choose the package that works best for you, and then you’re ready to go!